Welcome to the
Annual Medal Drawing Contest
We would like to invite all youth from grade 4 to 12 to draw for us this upcoming year’s FTNR medal. This medal will be given to all runners/walkers who complete the 3rd Annual Fort Town Night Run on May 4th, 2019 in Prescott, ON. As you might know or not know, May 4th is a very special day. It is known to most as “May The Force (Fourth) Be With You.” And so, we hope to pay homage to Star Wars. We would like you to incorporate the Star Wars theme into the medal for the FTNR, while striking a balance with our focus on Prescott’s historical sites. We propose the following:
In a galaxy far, far away…
The Republic is in chaos. The Jedi and the Sith have been at war for centuries. A young Jedi Master has received a vision from the Force. On a forgotten planet, an abandoned Fort holds a secret. The Force seeks balance. A hidden talisman holds the key to bring peace to the galaxy. The Force has chosen you to follow this path to your destiny.
As you might have guessed, the talisman is the medal. I leave it in your capable creative hands to design an unforgettable work of art. For additional information about the event, the town of Prescott, and last two medal designs, please visit our website at www.forttownnightrun.com.
- Contestants must be in 4th to 12th grade to participate;
- Entries must be limited to one per student;
- Art must follow these guidelines:
- The artwork needs to be suitable for a medal no larger than 3” by 3.5”;
- The artwork needs to be clear;
- The artwork shows at least one essential feature of our event (e.g., logo, Fort Wellington, Battle of the Windmill, or Prescott, ON).
- The artwork must be coloured by the student themselves with no outside assistance from parents, teachers, or other adults;
- Selection will be based on Creativity, Quality, and Accuracy of Message;
- The contest will run from May 19th to December 1st, 2018. All entries must be received no later than 5pm on December 1st, 2018 to be considered.
Entries must be received by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to
Fort Town Night Run
P.O. Box 314
361 Dibble Street West
Prescott, ON K0E 1T0
All entries should include name of artist, school, phone number, e-mail (optional), and address of artist & school.
The Fort Town Night Run is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged art. We will not accept artwork that uses other artists’ images in any way.
SKBP Venturers will judge all entries and the winners will be announced on our website www.forttownnightrun.com on December 21st, 2018.
The winning entry will be awarded a prize ($100) to the artist at the award ceremonies of the 3rd annual FTNR on May 4th, 2019. All entries become property of the Greater Fort Town Area Charity.