Welcome to the
Annual Medal Drawing Contest
We would like to invite all youth from grade 7 to 12 to draw for us this upcoming year’s FTNR medal. This medal will be given to all runners/walkers who complete the 4th Annual Fort Town Night Run on May 2, 2020 in Prescott, ON.
This year's theme is Steampunk, so get your mind cogs in gear and get super creative and let your drawings inspire all to come and see what's cooking at Fort Wellington for the Fort Town Night Run.
I leave it in your capable creative hands to design an unforgettable work of art. For additional information about the event, the town of Prescott, and last three medal designs, please visit our website at www.forttownnightrun.com.
- Contestants must be in 7th to 12th grade to participate;
- Entries must be limited to one per student;
- Art must follow these guidelines:
- The artwork needs to be suitable for a medal no larger than 3” by 3.5”;
- The artwork needs to be clear;
- The artwork shows at least one essential feature of our event (e.g., logo, Fort Wellington, Battle of the Windmill, or Prescott, ON).
- The artwork must be coloured by the student themselves with no outside assistance from parents, teachers, or other adults;
- Selection will be based on Creativity, Quality, and Accuracy of Message;
- The contest will run from July 4, 2019 to January 25, 2020. All entries must be received no later than 9pm on January 26, 2019 to be considered.
Entries must be received by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to
Fort Town Night Run
P.O. Box 314
361 Dibble Street West
Prescott, ON K0E 1T0
All entries should include name of artist, school, phone number, e-mail (optional), and address of artist & school.
The Fort Town Night Run is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged art. We will not accept artwork that uses other artists’ images in any way.
The Trustees of the Greater Fort Town Area Charity will judge all entries and the winners will be announced on our websites www.forttownnightrun.com & www.gftacharity.com on February 17, 2020.
The winning entry will be awarded a prize ($100) to the artist at the award ceremonies of the 4th annual FTNR on May 2, 2020. All entries become property of the Greater Fort Town Area Charity.